Newspaper Learning Goal
We are learning to read and write newspaper articles
- I can identify the parts of the newspaper, using proper vocabulary
- I understand the purpose of newspapers
- Inform, Interpret, Entertain, Persuade, Provide a Service, Make Money
- I can critically analyze images in the newspapers
- angle, composition, background, etc.
- I can critically read a newspaper and identify sources of bias and point of view
- author, publication, experts, omissions, tone, etc..
- I can write a newspaper article using facts (5Ws) and represent both sides of the story
- I can write an effective title that generates interest in the article
- specific, alliteration, conflict, mystery, rhyme, numbers, adjectives/word choice, facts, etc…
This entry was posted in Grade 7
, Non-fiction Text
. Bookmark the permalink