In Language, I try to incorporate current news and events as much as possible.
To view all posts:
Here is an overview of the Grade 8 Language curriculum
GRADE 8 | ORAL COMMUNICATION
- Listening to Understand: listen in order to understand and respond appropriately in a variety of situations for a variety of purposes;
- Speaking to Communicate: use speaking skills and strategies appropriately to communicate with different audiences for a variety of purposes
- Reflecting on Oral Communication Skills and Strategies: reflect on and identify their strengths as listeners and speakers, areas for improvement, and the strategies they found most helpful in oral communication situations
GRADE 8 | READING
- 1. Reading for Meaning.
- 2. Understanding Form and Style.
- 3. Reading With Fluency.
- 4. Reflecting on Reading Skills and Strategies.
GRADE 8 | WRITING
- 1. Developing and Organizing Content
- 2. Using Knowledge of Form and Style in Writing
- 3. Applying Knowledge of Language Conventions and Presenting Written Work Effectively
- 4. Reflecting on Writing Skills and Strategies.
GRADE 8 | MEDIA LITERACY.
- 1. Understanding Media Texts.
- 2. Understanding Media Forms, Conventions, and Techniques.
- 3. Creating Media Texts.
- 4. Reflecting on Media Literacy Skills and Strategies