- Took up math test on fractions today. Test was out of 33. Ask your child how they did.
- Don’t lose your history cheat sheet – test Tuesday
- See questions below:
- Red Maple voting April 22
- Don’t leave school property without a note and a parent has to pick you up
- Wear your colours proudly, Lancers, and have a nice weekend
History review questions:
When was the Great Peace of Montreal and what was the significance of it?
- While the British and French are fighting, explain what is going on with the First Nations peoples?
- How has their life changed since the arrival with Europeans?
- Who’s side are they are?
Explain what happened with the deportation of the Acadians.
- Why did France give up Acadia in the first place?
- What did the British make the Acadians sign?
- What changed that led to their expulsion?
3) Briefly describe the life of the settlers in New France.
- Who was at the top and bottom of the hierarchy?
- What did they do for fun?
- What were their chores?
- Who were the Filles du Rois and why did they come over?
- How many children did they have? Explain.
- When did they marry? Explain.
4) Explain The Battle of the Plains of Abraham.
- Who was in a stronger position before the battle?
Who were the generals who led the French and British battalions?
- Who won and how?
5) What is the significance of the Treaty of Paris?