Subscribe to blog
- Assessment (3)
- Career (11)
- Character / Learning Skills (4)
- Bullying (1)
- Computers (3)
- Financial Literacy (2)
- General (105)
- Grade 7 (72)
- Grade 8 (41)
- Language (68)
- Motivational (4)
- Parent/Guardian (7)
- Planners (70)
- Special Occasion (3)
- Tests & Assignments (1)
- News Broadcast – Self-Evaluation Form
- Book Talk Anchor Chart
- Book Talks
- How to: Recording and sharing video
- News Broadcast Learning Goals, Success Criteria and Checklists!
- BBC Resources for Making a News Broadcast
- Newspaper Article Rubric
- Journalism & Quotations
- Homework: Newspaper article analysis due Monday
- Newspaper Learning Goal
Monthly Archives: April 2014
- Worked On Public Service Announcements (PSA’s) today!
- What are the criteria of posters PSAs (content vs. design)?
- Did Math Practice Quiz In Math and Will Take It Up Tomorrow!
- Final integers quiz is on Friday!
- BBQ This Friday!! Hot Dog + Drink, Oktoberfest+ Drink Or Hallal Hot Dog + Drink= $3, Chips + Chocolate Bars= $1
- TCBY! Chocolate/Vanilla Swirl, Chocolate Mint, Strawberry Banana and Orange! Plus Bake Sale
- Pay Attention To Current PSA Announcements (Radio, TV)
- Math Test Friday!
- NO TRACK DAY TOMORROW!!!!!!
- Criteria of PSA infographics
- Poetry Anthologies: final revisions are due period 6!
- History: your Loyalist diary entry is due period 6.
- Math: taking up practice quiz on integer word problems.
- Started PSA today, took up green math sheet today!
- TCBY- Chocolate Vanilla swirl, Chocolate Mint, Strawberry banana and Orange
- We create change! Buy Rafiki chains and go to the bake sale!
- No definitive answer on Track & Field (Possibly Thursday)
- Math practice quiz tomorrow (word problems)
Have a great day lancers!!
- Remember we have our music tests this Friday
- We might have track and Field Thursday
- Math test Thursday- or Friday if track and field is Thursday
- G.S.A meeting tomorrow
- A.C meeting tomorrow
- S.J.G meeting tomorrow 1st half of 1st break
- Thank you all student helpers from Saturday
- have a lovely night lancers, wear your colours proudly
- Give in your poetry to Ms. Gaudun or you get an R!!!!!
- We have history tomorrow
- Music test Monday. Get ready to play your heart out!!!
- hurtles practice next week
- We Create Change is going great, but pleases still help out
- Math test next week- Thursday or Friday.
- Have a lovely weekend, Lancers. See you Monday!!!
- Wear your colours proudly!!!
- bye!!!! 🙂
- Did poetry today, worked on poem anthology in computer lab (due tomorrow) make sure it has a cover page, title, table of contents and 5 poems (illustrated)
- Worked on math sheets (green and yellow sheet)
- Music playing tests
- Monday! If you sign out an instrument tomorrow make sure you bring it back on Monday cause
of Grade 8 music competition
- Gym tomorrow (bring extra clothes we may go outside)
- We create change! Be the change and buy a rafiki chain!
- Laurentian has ducks! The duck has nested outside our door, don’t go near!
Visit the MADD Canada Site and listen to one of each of the following:
Canada Blood Services
- Did quatrain poetry today and rhyming contests, integers math test was today, next units will be word problems in integers and public service announcements.
- Make sure you have at least 5 different poems ready to type tomorrow in the computer lab period 2.
- Health sheet due tomorrow (mandatory!)
- Wrestling jamboree on Saturday! Go Laurentian!!
- We create change! Donate money to build a school!
- Cookie dough orders ready!!
- Hurdles practice tonight!!!!
- Boy/Girl wrestlers.. practice in gym (optional)
- Meeting for wrestling jamboree helpers likely on Friday 1st break!
- Splat! Splat balls for sale from the GSA, $3 each!
- Language: Humorous Epitaphs
- Math: Integers (adding, subtracting & word problems)
- History: 1776 – Rebels vs. Loyalists
- Math test tomorrow on adding & subtracting integers
- Language: Poetry Anthologies due Friday. We will have 1 computer period on Thursday to type up poems. Otherwise, handing in hand-written copies.
- Health Sheet due next day 1
- Wrestling Jamboree next Saturday
- Boys wrestling practice tomorrow in the gym
- Hand in wrestling permission forms to Ms.Shane (7 more people)
- Cookie dough fundraiser orders arriving tomorrow
- Splat! Splat balls for sale $3 each, only use at home!!!
- We create change!! Donate money, rafiki chains for sale
- HAPPY EARTH DAY
- Summer school registration forms due this Friday
- Last writing poetry class tomorrow!
- Math practice quiz on adding and subtracting integers
- Language: Cinquain poems
- History 1775-1776: American Revolution = Rebels vs. Loyalists
- Bring cards on Tuesday for integer game
- Math quiz on Wednesday
- Poetry Anthology due next Friday. We are in the lab on Thursday to type up poems.
- Splat Balls – $3.00
- Rafiki chains on sale $10.00
- Language: we worked on Limerick and Diamonte poems
- Math: adding and subtracting integers with tiles and number lines.
- Math: practice quiz tomorrow
- Health: if you saw Ms. Shane today, please hand in your forms by Tuesday
- Health: your white, yellow and green sheets are due next day 1
- 6-7 crew meeting 1 half of first break, S.J.G meeting same time
- gr. 7 band meeting 1st break tomorrow
- We Create Change
- Vow of Silence on Thursday